Mini Straw Bag
We partner with artisans in Thailand who are skilled in creating handcrafted bags.
They use Water Hyacinth (straw) which is a type of riverbank weed-grown locally in the region. To start, the artisans soak the weed in water and twist the strands together in small bunches to make them more durable. Next, they hand-dye the grass. When the straws are ready artisans twist, braid, or weave them with a needle and thread to create this beautiful bag.
Did you know? It can take up to 60 hours to create a single piece.
Details and Care
This product is made from Water Hyacinth, by artisans in Thailand.
- Comes with protective cover
- Once you receive the bag shake it upside down to remove extra fibres
- Store our bag indoors, preferably in air-conditioned rooms
- The beauty of handmade products is such that each piece is unique and marks the artisan’s footprints, therefore there may be minor differences from the pictures you see
- If your bag gets wet, quickly air dry
- Our bag has been crafted to last and can carry up to 2kgs in it
- Every order comes with a detailed “How to Care” card
A bag for wherever the day takes you, even if it’s just for lunch with a friend this straw bag is a sustainable take on a classic. It’s going to be the centre of attraction wherever you go.
Just throw on your favourite pair of jeans or a summer dress and you’re ready for a beautiful day out in the sun.
- There is plenty of room inside for everyday sun essentials.
- The handle has a polished finish to prevent the straw from irritating your hands
This item’s measurements are
- Length including handle height: 24cm
- Handle length: 12cm
- Width: 20cm
- Depth: 3. 5cm
Our Sustainable Steps
100% Natural Materials