Basket Straw Bag
We partner with an NGO in Northern India who create handwoven pieces using Kanua grass which is unique to the region and locally produced.
The process of making the baskets starts with the grass, which grows up to 6 feet or more and is cut when at its full height, next it’s kept indoors to dry. When the straws are ready artisans use the natural form by creating an oval or round shape as the base. After this, the straw strands are directed upwards with support to weave, twist and fold creating our beautiful bags.
Our artisans are trained to harness the technique of weaving intricately to maintain the strength and shape of the bag.
Details and Care
This product is made from Kanua Grass, by artisans in Northern India
- Once you receive the bag shake it upside down to remove extra fibres
- Store our bag indoors, preferably in air-conditioned rooms
- The beauty of handmade products is such that each piece is unique and marks the artisan’s footprints, therefore there may be minor differences from the pictures you see
- If your bag gets wet, quickly air dry
- Our bag has been crafted to last and can carry up to 2 kgs in it
- Every order comes with a detailed “How to Care” card
Our Basket Straw bag is designed with beach escapes in mind. It’s perfect for long lazy days at the beach, when a nice tan, some friends and a good book is all you need.
Style it with a breezy dress and a pair of sandals for a stroll across the coast.
This item’s measurements are
- Length including handle height: 36 cm
- Handle length: 18 cm
- Width: 44 cm
- Depth: 13 cm
Our Sustainable Steps
- Certified NGO
- 100% Handcrafted
- 100% Natural Materials
- Providing livelihood to female artisans
- Eco Packaging