Jute Macrame Bag
Macramé is a quintessential craft known to have origins in the middle east and popular during the Victorian era. This beautiful bag is woven by Artisans working with a fair-trade certified NGO in Bangladesh.
To start, the artisans extract Jute fibre from the plant by bundling stems together and immersing in water. “Water retting” is a golden craft most popular in extracting fibres. Next, they scrap the non-fibrous part and gather the jute fibre.
Washed with water they then are dried in the open air. Finally, the artisans, knot and weave to achieve this beautiful piece
Details and Care
This product is made from Jute by artisans from an NGO in Bangladesh.
- To retain the shape of the bag as seen in our pictures make sure to lay it flat or hang indoors
- The beauty of handmade products is such that each piece is unique and marks the artisan’s footprints, therefore there may be minor differences from the pictures you see
- Like a glass of fine wine which tastes better with age our bags can change colour with time especially in the sun. if you’d like to retain the colour it’s best to keep the bag away from harsh sun rays
- If your bag gets wet, quickly air dry
- Our bag has been crafted to last and can carry up to 3kg in it
- Every order comes with a detailed “How to Care” card
Tap into the sustainability gang with this quintessential multiple purpose bag. From grocery shopping to a trip to the museum this bag will add style to any sunny outfit. Crafted with a sturdy knotted handle that defines the structure and adds an element of elegance to the bag.
Channel this bag’s bohemian vibe by pairing it with colourful, breezy separates.
This item’s measurements are
- Length including handle drop 59cm
- Width 28 cm
- Handle drop length 32cm
- Handle thickness 2.5cm
Our Sustainable Steps
- Certified by World fair trade organization
- 100% Handcrafted
- 100% Natural Materials
- Providing livelihood to female artisans
- Eco Packaging