Medium Straw Tote Bag
We partner with an NGO in Northern India who create handwoven pieces using Kanua grass which is unique to the region and locally produced.
The process of making the baskets starts with the grass, which grows up to 6 feet or more and is cut when at its full height, next it’s kept indoors to dry. When the straws are ready artisans use the natural form by creating an oval or round shape as the base. After this, the straw strands are directed upwards with support to weave, twist and fold creating our beautiful bags.
Our artisans are trained to harness the technique of weaving intricately to maintain the strength and shape of the bag.
Details and Care
This product is made from Kanua Grass, by artisans in Northern India
- Once you receive the bag shake it upside down to remove extra fibres
- Store our bag indoors, preferably in air-conditioned rooms
- The beauty of handmade products is such that each piece is unique and marks the artisan’s footprints, therefore there may be minor differences from the pictures you see
- If your bag gets wet, quickly air dry
- Our bag has been crafted to last and can carry up to 1.5 kgs in it
- Every order comes with a detailed “How to Care” card
This Straw Tote bag is your perfect accessory for a luxurious lunch date, a trip to the farmer’s market and for a morning at the beach to get some fresh air during these challenging times.
Carry it alongside a swimsuit, long sundress or a pair of casual denim.
This item’s measurements are
- Length including handle height: 30cm
- Handle length: 14cm
- Width: 35 cm
- Depth: 12cm
Our Sustainable Steps
- Certified NGO
- 100% Handcrafted
- 100% Natural Materials
- Providing livelihood to female artisans
- Eco Packaging